Jeremy Hellickson – Pitcher Card
Over the next few weeks, we will be publishing player cards for most of the 40-man roster. It is our hope that these cards become points of reference for you during the 2014 season. All data via ESPN Stats & Info
- His .265 batting average on balls in play is in the top 10th percentile
- His swing and miss rate is in the top half of the league
- His opponents’ on base percentage is better than nearly 70% of all qualified pitchers
- His swing and miss rate on his changeup is in the top 25th percentile
- His wOBA against righties is in the top third for all pitchers & his swing & miss rate against them is in the top 20%.
- The percentage of pitches he throws in the strike zone is in the bottom 20% of the league.
- His strikeout rate is in the bottom third of the league.
- His home run rate is in the bottom 15% of the the league
- When pitching from the stretch in 2013 (men on 1st & 2nd only), he had a league-worst .380 wOBA. Previously, his wOBA had been .270 in those situations.
- Had the 4th-worst opponents’ slugging percentage off his fastball in 2013, trailing only R.A. Dickey, Ryan Dempster, and Kevin Correia.